Thursday, January 24, 2013

You may congratulate me

Remember how I always said I can't sew so much, because I have to finish my thesis? I have finished it. It got approved, printed, I defendend and I have my PhD-title!
We were back in Europe for the defense, it was nice to see all the people again. Of course I made my promovenda-outfit myself.
Here is a better view of the jacket. My first (or my first successful) lined jacket. The pattern is from a Knipmode magazine several years ago. The fabric is a wool satin with self stripe.
The dress is the same I wore as the "supporter" for my husband's PhD defense. I had to let out the side seams of the dress, because...
... I needed room for a baby-belly! I am already more than halfway the pregnany. We are now back in New Zealand and I have plenty of time to sew the new clothes I need!

2 comments:

kbenco said...

Dr Hen! Yay!, Whoo-hoo! Congratulations on your PhD achievement and also on your pregnancy. I hope you have great fun sewing some maternity clothes, and even better, baby things!

velosews said...

Congratulations. A) for the phd. B) for the new baby. c) you can sew for a whole lot of reasons:)